Riggs Community Health Center is one of over 8,000 community health centers nationwide. Community Health Centers save the national health care system between $9.9 billion and $17.6 billion each year by helping patients avoid emergency rooms and offering preventative care. The Community Health Center model of health care is patient focused, coordinated, and proven to yield better health outcomes, remove barriers to needed care, minimize health disparities, and lower overall costs. From 1999 to 2013, annual patient visits at Riggs CHC increased from 21,041 to 38,993.
We would like to thank you, the community, and our donors for your generous support throughout the years. All of us at Riggs CHC look forward to continuing to work with our community partners as we increase services to those in need. If you would like to learn more about the Center or would like a tour please contact Shelley Krise, Executive Assistant, at (765) 429-2776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To improve access to quality, cost effective, comprehensive health care with respect and compassion to under-served community members.
100% access with zero health disparities through innovative health services and community partnerships.
Respect - We treat our patients and each other with dignity.
Integrity & Honesty - We are truthful and ethical in our daily actions.
Generosity - We provide services to others in need, with kindness and compassion.
Guaranteed Quality - We strive for improvements and desire healthy outcomes in our patient care.
Stewardship - All resources, including staff, supplies, and funding are managed responsibly.
The Riggs Community Health Center 2013 Annual Report is available for review online. To review the report, simply click the image below. If you have any questions, please contact Shelley (765) 429-2776 or email@example.com
Did You Know?
- In 2013, 90% of all Riggs CHC patients were below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level and 30% of patients were uninsured.
- 26% of Center patients are Hispanic. All services are offered in a culturally sensitive environment. To ensure optimal care, interpreters are provided and Center documents are provided in both English and Spanish.
- Riggs CHC prenatal patients accounted for 33% of all Tippecanoe County births in 2011 (Tippecanoe County Health Department).
- The Center's Outreach Nurse provided care to 476 homeless individuals in 2013.
- The Medication Assistance Program (MAP) secured 6,434 free prescription medications for 801 patients totaling $3.5 Million.
- Pediatric staff administered over 17,000 immunizations in 2013.
* Statistics based on 2013 and 2011 Uniform Data Systems (UDS) federal report.